Update from Administrator – October 9, 2020
Dear Families and Friends,
As always, our team and I hope this email finds you safe and healthy.
We continue testing our staff and residents at regular intervals as required by CMS, CDC and DPH. We have had one staff member test positive. The staff member was not a direct caregiver. We are following the most up to date guidance from the state. Per the new guidance – we do not need to suspend visitation.
A few quick points:
• Although we are following social distance guidelines, handwashing protocols, hygiene recommendations, and wearing masks in our center – it is still STRONGLY encouraged that all staff and residents receive an annual Influenza Vaccine. While the vaccine is not in the center yet, please consider completing a consent form, in advance to ensure you loved one receives their vaccine.
• Take-out food is authorized to come in to the building and be delivered to residents. Our receptionist will meet the individual delivering the food at the front entrance and will have it delivered to the resident by our staff.
• Group Activities are up and running and have been pretty successful so far! Unfortunately, our hairdresser has decided not to return. We already have a new hairdresser in the works that was recommended by staff and has worked in this industry before and has CNA experience. We look forward to getting her started as soon as possible.
• Each nursing unit has tablets / iPads assigned for resident use such as virtual visits, games, telemedicine visits, etc. Many of our residents are enjoying learning how to use this technology and having the world at their fingertips.
• Please continue to use our special email address email@example.com to request virtual visits or ask questions.
• To schedule social distancing visits please call our main number 401-574-4800
• We have rolled out an Ambassador Program! Our Ambassador Brianna is a full time staff member whose full-time job is to increase resident satisfaction. This is a great program – and to my knowledge, no one outside of Athena has ever tried anything like this.
• Indoor visitation is well underway – and has been very successful. The screening process and all other visitation rules still apply. Any questions about visitation can be sent directly to me at Administrator@summitcommonsrhcc.com
• Don’t forget we are still doing Town Hall Meetings every Thursday via Zoom where you can talk to staff members about different topics in the building as well as get any current COVID information and ask questions to the me directly. This will continue indefinitely as I find them a helpful way to communicate as directly as possible with families.
Thank you and please stay safe and healthy!